About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I'm an arts management worker/ artist/ designer. I work at Accessible Arts in administration and bookkeeping, but also work on various freelance activities from photography to graphic design. I'm Associate Partner at the ARI, the Big Fag Press, board member of Runway Australian Experimental Art and occasionally work at Bailey and Yang Consultants. My creative work has often been driven by social issues and commentary. This blog started as a way of documenting research for my honours year at uni, which I have continued, in order to gather inspiration for future artistic practice.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Putting up Street Art Posters

So I've been working lately at the Street Art part of my major project. Printing my posters should go ahead in the next 2 weeks.

Although I'm not some company using the streets of Sydney to advertise, I'm a little concerned about the locations I choose to put up my posters. I've done some research on the City of Sydney's bill posters policy. Part of my project does involve some "guerilla" activity, but I don't particularly want a $1500 fine, and more so, I want to get my message across which won't happen if the council just tears down my posters.

I'm going to use places that already have posters on them, so it probably won't annoy anyone too much. Furthermore, the council has proposed the following areas:


I may also try to get permission from UTS & USYD to put a couple of posters up too.

As for how to put up posters, many people use wheat glue but I was thinking of mostly using tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment